Declare your arrival
After finding your home you can finally start to settle down and get installed properly. But before you do so, do not forget to declare your arrival at the population office in your new city hall.
If you move inside the country, from one Luxembourgish municipality to another you first have to notify the municipality you are leaving of your departure.
You are living in another country and you are moving to Luxembourg? Here, you’ll find all the information you need about administrative procedures for your cross-border moving.
Good to know!
Most importantly, do not forget to inform the following organisations of your address modification :
- The national health fund or Caisse Nationale de Santé (CNS) by completing the following online form: déclaration de changement d'adresse
- The tax administration (Administration des Contributions directes) to get your new tax retention card
- The vehicle inspection station (Société Nationale de Circulation Automobile) to register your car at your new address
- Your bank, by providing a certificate of residency and showing your ID card.
- And possibly also the post office if you want to have your mail re-routed to your new address.
Financing your projects
After completing all those formalities you can finally get installed and make yourself comfortable at home.
You need financial help for buying furniture or other installation projects? Banks are offering you a range of financial solutions that are individually adapted to your current situation and needs.
From personal loan to finance your daily expenses to a constant line of credit that guarantees you maximum comfort for the management of your day-to-day finances. Do not hesitate to contact your Raiffeisen consultant for further information about all our financing options.