What makes the cooperative model so special?
It is important to remember that all financial organisations are not governed by the same legal regime! If the cooperative model interests you, you will quickly realise that at Banque Raiffeisen you play a dual role. You are a customer, but you can also become a co-owner. By subscribing to a membership share you will become a Raiffeisen member and, for example, will be entitled to attend the Bank’s general meetings. A cooperative operates under the “one person, one vote” principle, rather than the “one share, one vote” rule. Have a say from now on!
Raiffeisen is a cooperative bank and that makes the difference!
Since 2022, Banque Raiffeisen has been the ONLY cooperative bank on the Luxembourg financial market. Raiffeisen focuses its actions on the local level and is thus able to make quick decisions in complete independence and with full knowledge of the regional context.
As a cooperative bank, we work solely in the interest of our customers and members. Today, Raiffeisen has over 43,000 OPERA members whose loyalty and trust are rewarded with numerous banking and non-banking benefits.
The more you work with us, the more benefits you will enjoy!
The OPERA loyalty programme has been developed exclusively for the members of our bank. As a member, you automatically collect OPERA points by entrusting us with your savings or calling on us to finance your projects (vehicle, furniture, real estate, higher education for your children, etc.). The more you work with the Bank, the more points you will earn.
How can I use my OPERA points?
You can use your OPERA points to:
- Pay the annual fee for debit and credit cards;
- Contribute to the savings of your children and/or grandchildren;
- Make deposits into an R-PlanInvest, Green Code Kids 0-12 or Green Code savings account;
- Make a donation to a charity;
- Plant trees via the partnerships between Banque Raiffeisen and natur&ëmwelt Fondation Hëllef fir d'Natur and Friendship Luxembourg;
- Pay the OPERA PLUS fee in whole or in part.
OPERA PLUS: the plus means even more benefits
OPERA PLUS is our premium package and provides a range of benefits and discounts in all areas of banking for a monthly fee of €10.75. As a member of the Bank, you can use your OPERA points to pay the OPERA PLUS fee (in whole or in part).
Discover all the benefits OPERA PLUS offers here.
Good to know:
- The OPERA PLUS subscription is free for new customers during the first year.
- Young people under the age of 30 are entitled to the benefits of OPERA PLUS for 2 years free of charge.
- The membership share of €25, is free for all Green Code Job and Green Code Study customers (< 30 years old).
Become a co-owner of your bank and have your say!
The process is very simple! You must simply be or become a Raiffeisen customer and subscribe to a membership share, for a price of €25, by contacting your usual Raiffeisen advisor, visiting your nearest Raiffeisen branch, or completing the contact form.